A new Board of Directors for Sitra (The Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra) was elected on March 2020. As new members of Sitra`s Board of Directors will start:
- Tarja Halonen, former President of the Republic of Finland
- Keijo Hämäläinen, Rector, University of Jyväskylä
- Anita Lehikoinen, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Päivi Nerg, Permanent Under-Secretary, Ministry of Finance.
- Jorma Ollila,Sc. in Engineering Physics, M.Sc. in Political Science.
- Petri Peltonen, Under-Secretary of State, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
Permanent Secretary Anita Lehikoinen will start as the chairperson of the Board and Permanent Under-Secretary Päivi Nerg starts as the vice-chairperson.
The term of office of the Board of Directors is 1 April 2020 – 31 December 2021.
The Board of Director`s was appointed by Sitra`s supervisory board, Tarja Filatov as the chairperson of the supervisory board.
Sitra’s President Jyrki Katainen says in Sitra`s pressrelease that “With this line-up, the Board has astonishing insight into building a fair and sustainable future, and thereby leading our work.”
More information can be found in Sitra`s pressrelease here.